5 Ways to Spark Creativity
Just something I came across this morning that I thought may interest you.
by HENRIK EDBERG
1. Generate a boatload of ideas – If you haven´t had any it may because you haven´t had enough ideas yet.
2. Take a trip outside your personal bubble – If you just have the same input every day it may be hard to come up with many new ideas. Meet new people, read a book about something you don´t know anything about, take up a new hobby, listen to music you normally never listen to. Do something different and get some new input into your mind.
3. Criticize later – Just let ideas flow out, don´t try to censor yourself or worry about how silly the ideas may be. It’s important to keep an atmosphere of openness when trying to generate ideas and being creative. You can sort the ideas later and determine which ones may be of best use.
4. See yourself as a creative person – Everyone is creative. Not everyone thinks they are. If you do not see yourself as a creative person this can seriously limit your creativity, stop the flow of ideas, and make you not believe in the ideas that do surface no matter how good they are.
5. Relax and play – This is very useful and a great use of your time. Go out and do something with your friends or family and just relax and have a lot of fun. Doing this for a day or an evening can recharge not only your creativity but also your motivation and general sense of well-being for days or weeks to come. Working non-stop and never playing will not.